I am EESDA

Hi! I am a fish lover from the Philippines. In the Philippines, we call fish as "isda". Then, I notice my initials are E, E, S, and D. Also, my family and I call my fish place the "Aviary." We do so because it was initially built for the family's African love birds and finches. So, I combined my initials and the initial of "Aviary." There is the pattern: E-E-S-D-A. This approximates "isda."

I am EESDA, fish lover from the Philippines.

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Terraphyte tank

Recently, I have been looking on terraphyte tanks. I found this simple one here on the Planted Tank Forum. Simply as they are, terraphyte tanks are simply tanks with plant roots for filtration. I have noticed that my tanks are "naturally" terraphyte tanks.

The plant

This is a millionaire's vine. It fits my set up perfectly. Being outdoor, I can have the vines growing with natural sunlight. The tendrils cling on to the wire, mesh and metal frame of my fish place. It takes root in my tanks and also the soil where I drain my tanks to. The waste water is poisonous to the plants but still nutritious to the plant's roots.

Obviously, it is a vine and it takes roots in water. I just took advantage of it and just let it be. Simplicity is best. Then, I'm planning to slowly convert all my tanks to terraphyte ones by directing the roots of the vine to my tanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment