I am EESDA

Hi! I am a fish lover from the Philippines. In the Philippines, we call fish as "isda". Then, I notice my initials are E, E, S, and D. Also, my family and I call my fish place the "Aviary." We do so because it was initially built for the family's African love birds and finches. So, I combined my initials and the initial of "Aviary." There is the pattern: E-E-S-D-A. This approximates "isda."

I am EESDA, fish lover from the Philippines.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

My Old Betta Drip System

This system is a few years old. DIY with what I have at home.

I revived it recently and changed the tanks used inside. Upgraded the 4"x4"x4" tanks to 4"x6"x8". Here is the link



top view

pump & sponge filter

pipe

drip to tank

Basically, this is how it works:
1. Pump brings water up the PVC pipe then distributed to the tanks with the air hose
2. Water overflows from the tanks and flows to the catch basin (bigger tank)
3. Water in the catch basin is filtered by the sponge as it is sucked in again by the pump

4 comments:

  1. bakit may wool pa sa gitna?

    ReplyDelete
  2. dalawa ang silbi nun
    1. prevent na makalabas ang betta
    2. saluhin yung dumi na umapaw mula sa tank ng betta

    ReplyDelete
  3. bakit hindi mo nalang lagyan ng filter? tapos lagyan ng air line na humihigop ng dumi sa ilalalim (parang siphon) para hindi na hassle iwater change yung dumi? para i'on and i'off mo nalang yung power head kung kailan mo gusto alisin yung tubig. - Dnyl Dcny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hindi mo ba napansin na may sponge filter na nakakabit sa pump?

      Delete