I am EESDA

Hi! I am a fish lover from the Philippines. In the Philippines, we call fish as "isda". Then, I notice my initials are E, E, S, and D. Also, my family and I call my fish place the "Aviary." We do so because it was initially built for the family's African love birds and finches. So, I combined my initials and the initial of "Aviary." There is the pattern: E-E-S-D-A. This approximates "isda."

I am EESDA, fish lover from the Philippines.

Monday, October 21, 2013

Tubifex Experiment (Day 1)

I'm testing out how I could culture tubifex worms on my own. I asked around what I need to keep them alive:
1. Oxygen (aeration)
2. Running water (water change)
3. Substrate
4. Food

So, I came up with a no-work (I hope) system to solve #1 and #2. This is using a drip system design. I take water from my tanks to my tubifex. The movement of water solves the aeration problem. The water change is pretty much obvious. The excess water from the tubifex tubs will just overflow to the soil.

Here are some pictures of what I set up

"Sipping" from the big tanks


"Pouring" to the tubs
They've just been set up so the water is still really shallow

I chose two sizes of hoses: smaller (first picture) and bigger (second pictures). I did this for comparing which hose size would be more effective for tubifex.


Fingers crossed. I hope one (and hope more that both) would work. This could help my fish be stronger, healthier and happier.

So, I hope you keep in touch and watch for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment