I am EESDA

Hi! I am a fish lover from the Philippines. In the Philippines, we call fish as "isda". Then, I notice my initials are E, E, S, and D. Also, my family and I call my fish place the "Aviary." We do so because it was initially built for the family's African love birds and finches. So, I combined my initials and the initial of "Aviary." There is the pattern: E-E-S-D-A. This approximates "isda."

I am EESDA, fish lover from the Philippines.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Going on Holiday

Sometimes we can't avoid going out of town and of course, we can not bring any of our fishes, so here are

MY TEN COMMANDMENTS FOR VACATION

1) Get someone to feed your fish if (a) you'll be gone for more than a week and/or (b) you have eggs/fry.

2) Instruct that person face-to-face and provide a demonstration on feeding.


3) Label the tanks accordingly with what, how much and when to feed.

4) Give instruction on the preparation of these foods (e.g. hatching Baby Brine Shrimp (BBS), harvesting microworms (MW), catching mosquito larvae, etc.)

5) Pre-pack food to make it easier for the caretaker!

6) Make a manual. This will summarize everything you have taught about feeding, food preparation and everything else.

7) Do a water change (WC) a day or two before leaving.

8) Do not leave any aggressive fish pair together.

9) If parents are with eggs, leave them together. Don't if the parents won't show any parental care. If parents with fry, remove the parents. Fry have less likely to die than eggs to have fungus.

10) Provide a simple solution (fool-proof) to any problem that might arise while you are away. For example, WC in goldfish tank in case fish show difficulty breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment