I am EESDA

Hi! I am a fish lover from the Philippines. In the Philippines, we call fish as "isda". Then, I notice my initials are E, E, S, and D. Also, my family and I call my fish place the "Aviary." We do so because it was initially built for the family's African love birds and finches. So, I combined my initials and the initial of "Aviary." There is the pattern: E-E-S-D-A. This approximates "isda."

I am EESDA, fish lover from the Philippines.

Saturday, December 29, 2012

"Less Strains" Going On

I started to put my plans into action. Doing the transition is quite tricky but I know I'll get there. I can not really follow the list I have written down but I will get there when I am able to out/sell/give away my excess fish.

Here are the steps I have taken so far.
1. Combined spawns of different strains and different fish. Here's how I do it.
2. I separated the females of my choice to my 20gal tanks and those that I will no longer use are kept in my 100gal tanks.
3. As much as possible, I empty tanks that are adjacent. These
4. I started labeling tanks. I have labeled the tanks that I will use to raise my bettas and guppies because these are just the tanks that are segregated.
5. For some gut feeling, I segregated two pairs of Scalare breeders and placed a pair each with my female community tanks.

Next on the agenda: Fixing the leaks of the dividers.
I use tanks that have dividers and some of them have leaks. Both sides level out but the problem is, they are not flexible this way. So, I drained them. I dried them up and wiped clean. I will be sealing with silicon in 2-3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment