I am EESDA

Hi! I am a fish lover from the Philippines. In the Philippines, we call fish as "isda". Then, I notice my initials are E, E, S, and D. Also, my family and I call my fish place the "Aviary." We do so because it was initially built for the family's African love birds and finches. So, I combined my initials and the initial of "Aviary." There is the pattern: E-E-S-D-A. This approximates "isda."

I am EESDA, fish lover from the Philippines.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My Flowerhorn

Bonee


Saia





I really like the short bodied-flowerhorn (aka bonsai flowerhorn). I prefer them over normal-bodied ones. I like them because they are more than the usual although they can be hard to find. Also, one of the challenges to bonsai flowerhorn is developing their nuchal hump/kok/head bump. If you have one with a kok (a well developed kok), you have quite a catch.



I am planning to breed these two fish together (Bonee is the male and Saia is the female). Saia is hinting some kok development and I want to further develop the kok in future generations. I am also planning to get a titanium/thai silk female to pair with Bonee because I want to develop the pearling pattern even more. Bonee is showing some very promising pearls. There are other strains that I plan to cross with my bonsai to develop the pearls namely the Heavy Metal strain and the Pinoy Super Perfect strain. Both local strains have very good, very big koks and will help develop the kok too. But, I wonder what the effect will be to the body of my bonsai...I might have to breed out the bonsai body again after generations of damage control.

Hey! I stumbled on this fish in a local forum. I really like the fine pearling on this fish. A friend of mine told me that redness will also help develop the kok. The redder the fish is, the bigger its kok could get. So, this could be a very good candidate and stands as the number one choice in outcross breeders. I just hope I find one that is a short body.

I'll give you updates when I breed them. I'm still trying to make space for a 50gal tank for them to breed and raise fry in.

No comments:

Post a Comment